Thank you, Haley, from Introverted Creativity for making this week that much brighter by nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award which is given to bloggers by other bloggers to inspire them on their journey to keep writing and sharing their creativity. Also, it gives your readers a little bit more insight into who you are. I will be answering the questions Haley asked me in her post below and then passing on the love to other bloggers.
What is the most rewarding part of blogging?
The sense of community. The insightful and amazing human beings I have met.
What is the most challenging part of blogging?
Gathering the strength to be honest with myself when I write. Writing is truly an intimate art form and when I write, I feel exposed. I always say that the people who read my writing know me better than anyone.
What’s your favorite blog post (that you’ve written)? Please describe it.
I haven’t written it yet, sorry! I know what it will be about I just don’t know when, but I know it will be my most favorite piece yet and I can’t wait for the day I can finally write it.
What is the most inspirational thing you’ve ever read, watched, etc.?
I’ve read a lot of inspiring and thought-provoking books/quotes but nothing has inspired me in ways as when I am being present and experiencing the people and the world around me for what it is.
What are three items on your bucket list?
- Living in London if only for a while before life takes me somewhere else.
- Having a conversation with someone, one that is raw, authentic and where there is no judgment just two people sitting across from each other, shedding their skin and allowing their souls to breathe.
- Finding a copy of a First Edition Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I have this weird quirk where I am always buying a copy of the novel whenever I happen to come across an edition I don’t already own and it would be amazing to come across a first edition, I know they are ridiculously expensive but even to just be in the mere presence of it would be enough.
What first inspired you to blog?
I live in my head a lot which isn’t a bad thing, I actually like it there but there have been times when I couldn’t find my way out. At one point I completely stopped writing, shut down and found myself spiraling and the last time that happened I tried to kill myself. So I decided to start writing again, really writing not what people want to read but what I need. To breathe. So what inspired me? My need to still be here.
What’s your favorite type of music?
Anything that feeds my soul. My taste in music changes with my mood. If you were to see my playlist you would completely understand what I mean, I have songs from many genres and cultures and languages that I don’t speak and I love it all just the same, after all, music is a language of its own, it’s all about how it makes you feel.
I am currently infatuated with a few songs which I have on repeat every day; Tom Walker-Play Dead, Skip Marley/H.E.R.- Slow Down, Fatoumata Diawara – Nterini, FKJ- Die With a Smile / Vibin out with (((o))) and Roseaux/Ben l’Oncle Soul – I Am Going Home
If you decide to check them out let me know what you think, I love talking music with people especially if we are vibing over the same song.
How do you relax and unwind?
Usually hanging out in a coffee shop for hours reading, writing especially on rainy days which we have a lot of where I live and I love it. Other times I’ll go for a walk in nature which I’m grateful to be surrounded by and most of all above everything else, listening to songs that have the ability to transport me elsewhere.
Who are some of your favorite writers?
Edgar Allan Poe (My love of poetry started with The Raven), Pablo Neruda (Some of the most beautiful love poems I have ever read), Lewis Caroll (gave me the escapism I needed as a kid), Sarah J. Maas (She gave me Rhysand. If you know, you know!), Jane Austen( gave me my most favorite romantic comedy novel to date)
Do you prefer paper/pencil or a keyboard?
I have always had an affinity for paper/pencil, I have countless journals with random thoughts and poetry written down but the last few years its been me and my laptop.
What’s one goal you have for the future?
To be free of everything that is weighing me down.
Thank You Haley once again, if you want to learn more about the Sunshine Blogger Award and see who my nominees are for the award keep reading.
How does it work?
Once nominated for the award, in order to accept you need to write a post where you:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
My questions to my nominees are:
- Do you have any other creative outlets besides writing?
- What makes you smile?
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
- What is the story behind the name of your blog?
- What are some small things that make your day better?
- What in life is beautiful to you?
- What’s something that no one else knows about you?
- What is the one food you refuse to eat?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- If you could switch places with one person for a day, who would it be and why?
- Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
And my nominees are: